Here’s a list of several ways you can increase your connection to others.
- Be open and willing to share about yourself and your life.
- Be a trusting person and friend. Stay true to your commitments, honor your word, and follow through with your promises.
- Be present with people. Even if you have a million other things you could be doing or thinking about – if someone is in front of you, put them first.
- Look for similarities in people, not their differences.
- Be curious. Ask a lot of questions and engage people in conversation.
- Be patient. Connection takes time.
- Be persistent. Just because you didn’t connect with someone the first time you meet them, doesn’t mean there isn’t a chance that relationship can grow into something.
- Be connected to yourself, which may seem odd, but the more connected you feel to your authentic/true self the easier it will be to connect to other.
What other ways can you think of that really help to foster a human connection with others? I’d love to know. Please share below.